Occasionally, you or your team members may run into a diverged branch. A diverged branch means the data you're looking at locally isn't the same as what is currently stored on our servers.
This most frequently occurs if your network connection is spotty while merging a branch or you've been working offline while colleagues have continued to make changes to the project.
Resolve diverged branches
To resolve a diverged branch:
- Click Resolve Diverged Branch... in the top right corner.
- Click Create Main (Diverged Copy) in the lightbox that appears.
- Click Update from Main in the top right corner.
- If there are conflicts, choose which version of your file you want to keep (your local copy or the one on Abstract servers).
- Click Commit Update to commit your changes.
- Merge to the main branch.
Your diverged branches are resolved.