Users are assigned a seat and a role by the organization admin. A user can have either a viewer or contributor seat combined with an admin, member, or guest role.
Two seat types are available for each person invited to an organization with Abstract.
Viewer seats are free and unlimited. Each viewer can view and comment on work shared via desktop or web. They can also export files.
Contributor seats are priced per person. They can create Branches, edit files, make Commits, Merge Branches, and more. Pricing per contributor depends on the subscription.
Three types of roles are available to assign to each viewer or contributor that is part of an organization. One type of role can be assigned per seat.
Administrators are responsible for managing the Abstract account for an organization. They manage approval for new contributor seats, billing, integrations, organization details, etc.
An administrator can occupy a viewer or a contributor seat.
- Administrator Viewers often represent an organization as a member of management, finance, or IT. They help ensure your organization can smoothly update billing details or manage employee access at no additional cost.
- Administrator Contributors are able to manage the account and work on Projects alongside the team. They are most often department heads or team managers that run a design team.
Members are typically company employees who have access to Team Projects within an organization.
A Member can occupy a viewer or a contributor seat.
- Member Viewers are great for teams that collaborate across departments. Typically, Member Viewers who join an organization are from engineering, product, support, or marketing teams where stakeholder input is needed on design work.
- Member Contributors have access to all Team Projects within an organization and are able to edit and manage design work. Typically, these people are on the design team.
Guests have access to one or more Projects they’ve specifically been invited to. Guests do not automatically have access to all Team Projects within an organization. Guests must be invited to specific Team Projects or Private Projects.
A Guest can occupy a viewer or a contributor seat.
- Guest Viewers are great for organizations that need to provide design visibility to stakeholders outside their company. Most often, Guest Viewers are clients with access to a Project where they can comment, review, or export work.
- Guest Contributors are able to access work in specific Projects they’ve been invited to. Typically, Guest Contributors are contractors or clients who collaborate and contribute to design work.
*Guest roles are available with Business and Enterprise plans.