This feature is only available on our Enterprise plan. Contact sales for more information.
Part I: Generate SCIM login credentials
Before setting up SCIM provisioning, configure single-sign on using Okta.
Already have SCIM login credentials? Skip ahead to Part II: Configure SCIM provisioning with Okta.
Step 1: Generate an API token
You’ll need to generate an API token in order to customize the curl command that will generate your SCIM login credentials.
- Login to the Abstract web app with your Admin credentials.
- Visit Abstract’s Tokens page.
- Select Create API Token and follow the prompts.
- Paste the resulting API token into your preferred text editor.
Step 2: Customize a curl command
You’ll use your API token and your Org ID to create a curl command. In the next step, you’ll run the customized curl command to generate the SCIM login credentials.
- Open the Abstract web app.
- Copy and paste the URL from your browser into your preferred text editor.
- Copy this curl command and paste into the text editor: curl https://api.goabstract.com/organizations/<org_id>/generate_scim_login -H "Authorization: Bearer <API_token>"
- In the text editor, copy the Org ID from the URL and replace the <org_id> in the curl command. The Org ID is the alphanumeric string that appears in the URL: https://app.abstract.com/organizations/<org_id>/projects
- Copy the API token and replace the <api_token> in the curl command that you previously pasted into the text editor.
Step 3: Run the custom curl command
Using the information you’ve gathered, you’ll run the custom curl command in Terminal to generate the SCIM login credentials.
- Copy the entire customized curl command from your text editor.
- Open Terminal.app.
- Paste the customized curl command into Terminal.
- Press Return.
- The Terminal will reply with JSON that includes your username and password to store safely before you proceed to configuring SCIM provisioning with Okta.
Caution: Each time you run the curl command, it will generate fresh, new SCIM login credentials. These credentials cannot be retrieved more than once.
Part II: Configure SCIM provisioning with Okta
To continue, you'll need to follow the above steps in Part I: Generate SCIM login credentials.
Step 1: Configure API Integration in Okta
- In Okta, go to the Settings page, and select API Integration.
- Click Configure API Integration.
- Check the box next to Enable API Integration.
- Enter the SCIM login credentials you generated in Part I. These are not the same credentials you use to log in to Abstract.
- Click Test API Credentials.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Configure “Provisioning To App” Settings in Okta
- In Okta, go to the Settings page, and select To App.
- Select which features you wish to enable:
- Create Users
- Update User Attributes
- Deactivate Users
- Click Save.
Step 3: Assign the users you wish to provision
- In Okta, go to the Assignments page.
- Click Assign.
- Choose the users you wish to provision.