Note: We do not currently show Dependencies for Adobe XD files.
When you use an item from a Linked Library in a design file, you’ll see the item appear in the Files list under Dependencies. This list of Dependencies helps you understand at a glance where the various parts of your designs came from. In the Dependencies list, you’ll only see library items used, not the entire contents of the library file.
How to remove an item from Dependencies
If you no longer use a library item in a file, but it’s still showing in the Dependencies list, you can manually remove the item from the Dependencies list for your file.
To remove an item from the Dependencies list:
- Open the Abstract desktop app.
- Select the project with files containing dependencies you’d like to remove.
- Select Master from the left side pane.
- Click the FILES tab at the top.
- Click the down arrow next to the file with dependencies you’d like to remove.
- Click the down arrow next to the library file with dependencies you’d like to remove.
- Select the dependency you’d like to remove.
- In the preview panel to the right, click the down arrow next to the Symbols header to display the symbols.
- Hover over the preview image.
- Click the ··· more menu.
- Select Edit Latest in Sketch.
- Create a Branch titled something like “Removed dependency”. Sketch will open.
- In Sketch, select the symbol in the left side pane.
- In the right side pane in the SYMBOL section, click the down arrow next to the symbol’s name.
- Select Organize Imported Symbols….
- Select the symbol from the list.
- Click the icon.
- Select Unlink from Library.
- Save and commit changes.
The item should no longer appear under the Dependencies list.