You may be invited as a member or a guest of projects.
Members can access all public projects within their organization. Members can be a viewer (free seat) or a contributor (paid seat).
- Member viewers can review, comment, inspect, and export design work. Typically, member viewers are engineers and other non-designer stakeholders across the company.
- Member contributors can edit and manage design work. Typically, member contributors are on the design team.
Guest invitations are only available for Pro and Enterprise customers. Upgrade your plan to invite guests to your projects.
Guests can only access projects they’ve specifically been invited to. Guests can be a viewer (free seat) or a contributor (paid seat).
- Guest viewers can review, comment, Inspect, and export design work for project(s) they’ve been invited to. Typically, guest viewers are clients or stakeholders outside the organization.
- Guest contributors can edit and manage design work for project(s) they’ve been invited to. Typically, guest contributors are contractors or clients who contribute to design work.
"Why don't I have access to this project?"
If you open a link from Abstract and are told you do not have permission to view that project, one of two things may be happening:
- You aren't a member of the organization
- The project is private
In either case, you'll need to re-open the link and follow the prompts in order to request access to the project.
It's only possible to request access to a specific project, not an organization.