When you create a Branch, you become the Branch Owner. As Branch Owner, you can:
- Track edited files
- Add files
- Delete files
- Delete the Branch
- Create and edit Collections
- Change Branch status
How to transfer Branch ownership
To transfer Branch ownership, the new Branch owner needs to:
- Open the Abstract desktop app.
- Open the Project containing the Branch you’d like to take over.
- Select Branches from the left side pane.
- Select the Branch you’d like to transfer.
- Click NEW BRANCH in the top right corner.
- Name this Branch “[Old title]—[New Owner]’s version” or something similar.
- Click CREATE BRANCH.
- Select the parent Branch from the left side pane.
- Near the parent Branch title at the top, click the ••• menu.
- Select ARCHIVE.
Once the parent Branch is archived, the child Branch is automatically promoted to parent. From here, you can continue the work the original Owner started.