Comment in a notebook
You can comment on content within a notebook to discuss and review work. Commenting allows your team to consistently capture feedback and knowledge and reliably track conversations that lead to decisions.
Contributors can add, edit, and delete comments in any notebook to which they have access.
Comment on text content in a notebook
You can comment on any content in a notebook.
- Hover your cursor over any area that contains text to reveal the comment icon on the right side of the page.
- Click the comment icon to open the right sidebar. The block that you are commenting on will be highlighted.
- Type in the comment box to reveal the arrow button.
Note: You can mention other users in your organization in comments by typing ‘@’ followed by their name.
- Click the arrow button or use CMD + Enter (Mac) to post the completed comment.
Comment on content added from Figma
You can also leave feedback about the Figma frames, elements, and symbols added to a notebook. Commenting in the notebook will keep your discussions and decisions together in one space.
- Click on any Figma item to select what you want to comment on.
- Click the frame again to enter the item detail view. You can post comments on the right side of this screen.
- Begin typing in the comment box to reveal the arrow button. Click the arrow button or use CMD + Enter (Mac) to post the comment.
- Click the arrow button or use CMD + Enter (CTRL + Enter on PC) to post the comment.
Respond to a comment
Comments are hidden by default so that you can focus on the content of a notebook. Items that have comments are indicated by avatars in the right margin. A horizontal row of avatars means that there are multiple comments on that item, and a vertical stack of avatars indicates that more than one of the design items has comments.
- To view and respond to comments posted on any notebook content, click the user avatar to open the right side bar.
- Begin typing in the comment box to reveal the arrow button. You can also hover over a posted comment to react to it with an emoji.
- Click the arrow button or use CMD + Enter (CTRL + Enter on PC) to post your reply.
Edit or delete a comment
Users with contributor seats can post comments, and can edit or delete their own comments. Admins can delete anyone’s comments.
- Click the avatar next to the item where you want to reply to reveal the comment thread and actions.
- Hover over your comment to display the more options menu [three dots icon].
- Click the more options menu [three dots icon] to view edit and delete options.
- To edit the comment, click Edit. Make the desired changes to the text in the comment and click the arrow button or use CMD + Enter (CTRL + Enter on PC) to repost the edited comment.
- To delete the comment, click Delete… then click Delete in the confirmation modal to permanently delete the comment.