Approve work or request changes
After you review a notebook, you can approve the work or request that the author make changes. Collaborators in a notebook can manage and respond to reviews and use them to record final decisions.
Each review that you post includes an overall decision plus any comments you may want to include. Writing commentary with your review is required when you are requesting changes in order to provide valuable context to the decision-making process. You can also leave comments without posting a decision to discuss the work that’s under review.
Any team member can comment in a notebook review. Only added reviewers can approve or request changes.
Find open reviews
You can use the Reviews page in the left side navigation to keep track of the review requests in notebooks that are relevant to you. On this page, the Requested tab shows all of the notebooks that others have requested you to review. The My reviews tab shows all of the notebook reviews you have opened for others to respond to, and the Completed tab allows you to see all reviews you requested or were added to that are now closed. Use this area to track reviews you need from other team members and reviews that have been requested of you.
Review a notebook
- In the left side navigation, click Reviews.
- Click the tile that includes the notebook review request you want to respond to.
- Read through the contents of the notebook. You may post comments on specific elements of the notebook before submitting your final review.
- Near the top of the page, click the review block to open the right sidebar with the review details. Read the review title and description to understand why the requester wants feedback.
- Write a review for the notebook explaining your decision to approve the work or request changes, and include any other overall feedback you have on the notebook.
- Click Request Changes or Approve to submit your decision along with any feedback you may have. If you’re not ready to review, you can also click Comment to respond without posting a decision.
Change your review
While the work in a notebook progresses, you can change your review decision as often as needed until the review is marked as finished.
- Near the top of the page, click the review block to open the right sidebar with the review details and any previous comments you and others have made.
- Use the text field to add any new commentary that you would like to go along with your changed decision.
- Click Request Changes or Approve to submit your decision along with any feedback you may have. Your new decision is added to the bottom of the thread and your review status is updated to match your most recent review.