If you’re experiencing slow performance while using the Abstract desktop app, you can complete the following steps to help improve performance.
If you’re still having issues with performance after trying these troubleshooting steps, you can perform a clean reinstall of Abstract and make sure that the associated folder is also removed.
Manage project files
When making performance-related changes to your project files, you can export project files to Sketch files outside of Abstract. Once you’ve made changes, you can import the files into a new project in Abstract, which helps the project start with smaller files and less data. You can then archive the original project in Abstract to maintain its history but remove it from your organization's current projects.
If you’re making improvements to existing projects, you may only see small performance improvements. Existing projects contain additional data created by the project history.
To experience performance improvements, you can make the following changes to your project files:
- Reorganize your files. We recommend keeping files below 50MB in size. If you're working with files larger than that, or especially complex files with hundreds of layers or dozens of pages, consider reorganizing your work into smaller files.
- In Sketch, use File > Reduce File Size.
- Use compressed images to limit the file size in your project. Use .png or .jpeg formats for images in Sketch instead of DNG or RAW.
- Use libraries to manage file sizes, maintain a single source of truth for your symbols, and help organize your work. See Libraries for more information.
- Clear some loose project data. You must have Git installed locally to perform this.
- Help > Enable Development Menu
- Right click the project from the project tab > Developer > Repack Project
- Help > Disable Development Menu
Clean local disk storage
If you have uncommitted changes you'd like to keep, export a copy of the file and save them locally.
- Use Spotlight to find this directory on your computer: ~/Library/Application Support/Abstract/Documents/.
- Drag the folder to the trash to clear its contents.
- Select Help > Enable Developer Menu.
- Select Developer > Clear Previews Cache.
- Select Help > Disable Development Menu.