A pending commit means that a push has queued but hasn’t yet succeeded. This is usually due to network status.
If you’re still running into sync issues after trying these troubleshooting steps, you can perform a clean reinstall of the Abstract desktop application.
Resolve a pending commit
- In the desktop app, go to Help > Enable Development Menu.
- Locate the branch under Branches > Archived.
- Navigate to the branch with the pending commit and select the '...' dropdown.
- Select Development > Force Push Branch.
- Once complete, select Help > Disable Development Menu.
If your project is having trouble syncing with Abstract servers, you may see an error message in the sync menu.
Sync menu message:
- Queued to sync project
- Syncing failed
- Queued Generation Assets
Check your connection
- Check for VPNs, proxies, firewalls, or other network tools being used.
- Log out of Abstract and reboot your machine.
- Connect via ethernet if using wireless.
- If you have access, reboot your modem and router.
- Attempt to sync on a different network.
If you have checked your connections and everything is working as it should:
Resync your project
If you have uncommitted or pending changes you are unable to push to our servers but you’d like to keep, in Sketch, save a copy to your desktop. This resyncing process will erase all local project data, including uncommitted or pending work on branches.
- In the Desktop app, go to Help > Enable Development Menu.
- Select Development > Clear Sync Queue.
- Click the ••• menu on the project card.
- Select Development > Remove Local Project Data.
- Select Help > Disable Development Menu.
If you are still running into issues with project syncing you can reach out to our Support team.
- Click Abstract > Check for Updates.
- In the Sync menu, click Retry.
- Click Help > Save Debug Logs… and contact us with the debug logs attached.