Add and update content from Sketch in Abstract Notebooks
Show your work by adding your visual designs to your notebook. With the Abstract Notebooks plugin for Sketch, you can insert artboards, individual layers and layer groups, and symbols directly from Sketch into your notebook. Show your visual designs within context, gather feedback, and track reviews all in one place, so everybody can see your complete vision.
Anyone with edit access to a Sketch file can install and run the Abstract Notebooks plugin. You also need a contributor seat in Abstract in order to edit a notebook and add content.
Add content from Sketch with Abstract’s Notebooks plugin
Install the Abstract Notebooks plugin and sign in to Abstract to insert designs from Sketch directly into a notebook.
- Select the Sketch artboards, components, or symbols that you would like to add to a notebook.
- With Sketch open, click Plugins in the mac menubar to select the Abstract Notebooks plugin.
- Select Abstract Notebooks from the plugins menu.
- Select the name of the notebook where you want to add the Sketch content.
You can also create a new notebook from the plugin by selecting “New notebook.”
- Click Add to Notebook.
Clicking the icon in the upper right of the modal will show your artboards in your selected notebook.
Update content from Sketch
When you update content in Sketch, you can use the Abstract plugin to push the changes to any designs that you have already added to a notebook.
Update all Sketch content
If you have nothing selected in Sketch, the Abstract plugin can automatically detect which artboards and elements in the current Sketch file have already been added to a notebook, and the plugin can update all of those items.
Once you’ve added content to a notebook from a Sketch file, that notebook will be selected by default the next time you open the Notebooks plugin. Use the back arrow to select a different notebook.
- With the Notebooks plugin open, select the notebook you would like to update.
- Click Update existing to automatically update all frames that are already in the notebook with the changes from the current Sketch file.
Update selected Sketch content
You can curate which artboards, individual layers and layer groups, and symbols from Sketch you want to update in your notebook by selecting the individual items that have changed.
If you select a mixture of items that have already been added to the notebook and new items that have not yet been added, the existing frames will be updated and the new frames will be added to the bottom of the notebook.
- Select the Sketch content that you would like to update.
- With the Notebooks plugin open, select the notebook that has Sketch content you would like to update.
- Click Update existing. This will only update those selected items - it will not update any items you haven’t selected in Sketch.