You can insert artboards, individual layers and layer groups, and symbols directly into a notebook with the Abstract Notebooks plugin to share your work and provide design updates without leaving Sketch.
Anyone with edit access to a Sketch file can install and run the Abstract plugin. You also need a contributor seat in Abstract in order to edit a notebook and add content.
To learn more about how to insert content from Sketch after you have installed the Abstract plugin, see “Use the Abstract Notebooks plugin for Sketch."
Install the Notebooks plugin for Sketch
The Abstract Notebooks plugin works with both local and cloud files in the Sketch macOS app.
- Access the Notebooks plugin for Sketch.
- On the right sidebar, click Releases to view the latest release.
- Click the abstract-notebooks.sketchplugin.zip link to download the latest release of the plugin.
- Locate the download in Finder and unzip the file.
- Double click the abstract-notebooks.sketchplugin file to install the plugin.
- Follow the steps below to authenticate your Abstract account.
Connect the Abstract plugin to your account
When you run the Abstract Notebooks plugin for the first time, you need to authorize the plugin to have access to your Abstract account. If you do not yet have an Abstract account, you can request access in the plugin.
- Navigate to one of your Sketch files.
- With Sketch open, click Plugins in the Mac menu bar.
- Select Abstract Notebooks from the plugins menu.
- In the plugin, select Sign In.
- The Abstract for Sketch plugin opens a new browser tab. Sign in to the Abstract web app with your user credentials.
- Click Authorize to connect the Sketch plugin to your Abstract account.
- Close the tab to continue working in Sketch.