Install and use the Abstract Notebooks Jira integration
The Jira integration for Notebooks provides an easy way to bring relevant information from your team’s Jira work directly into your notebooks by creating rich links between Jira and Abstract. The integration is available for Jira Cloud.
Install the Jira integration
An admin in the organization can install the integration from Abstract.
- Open the Abstract web application.
- In the left side navigation, click on the organization name.
- From the dropdown, select Organization Settings.
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Click the Connect button on the right side of the Jira integration block.
- Log into Jira.
After logging into Jira, the integration is connected for all members of your organization. From here, you will be redirected to the integration details page where you can see the details about the Jira integration as well as the state of the connection.
Use the Jira integration in Notebooks
When you paste a Jira ticket link into a notebook, it unfurls the Jira link to create an information block that shows the:
- Title of the ticket
- Ticket number
- Opened by
- Last updated
- Current status
- Ticket priority
To add a Jira link to your notebook:
- Use the Copy link to issue icon in Jira in the ticket you would like to reference in your notebook.
- Paste the link into your notebook.
Once the link is pasted in your notebook, you'll see the ticket details in the information block. If you click on the information block, it will open the ticket in Jira.