Abstract Notebooks enables you to create and track context around your team’s design process. With Notebooks, you can view and follow when designs, documentation, comments, feedback, and decisions change.
View activity in a notebook
Notebooks are a collaborative space, which means that you may be working together with many different people in the same notebook. You can use the activity panel to view and track the changes that each team member makes in your notebook.
The activity panel tells you what changes were made in the notebook, when they were made, and who made them. You can also hover over any entry in the activity panel to see a detailed timestamp of the update.
Activities that are tracked:
- Created the notebook
- Changed the notebook’s title
- Changed the notebook’s status
- Marked a notebook as Archived or Done
- Updated content of the notebook
- Left a comment
- Requested a review
- Added or removed reviewers
- Left a review
- Updated a review
To view notebook activity:
- Navigate to the notebook that you want to view.
- Click the icon in the upper right corner to open the activity panel.
View updated designs
When you have added frames, artboards, and other selections from Figma or Sketch to your notebook with the Notebooks plugin, you can track how those screens change over time. Any time you update an embedded design element through the plugin, Notebooks provides a highlight and timestamp around the updated designs so you can always find the most recent updates.
View new and unread comments
Commenting in a notebook is a great way to collaborate with your teammates. When someone leaves a comment in your notebook, an in-app notification appears. You can also get a quick glance at new comments in the notebook itself.
- All new comments are outlined with a yellow box to indicate that there are unread comments available.
- When you open the comment thread, the yellow box disappears so you can focus on new comments. You can re-read and respond to previous comments that you have already read.
- If you resolve all the comments in thread, the team member icons turn grey.