You may be invited as a Member or a Guest of projects.
Members can access all public projects within their Organization. Members can be a Viewer (free seat) or a Contributor (paid seat).
- Member Viewers can review, comment, inspect, and export design work. Typically, Member Viewers are engineers and other non-designer stakeholders across the company.
- Member Contributors can edit and manage design work. Typically, Member Contributors are on the design team.
Guests can only access projects they’ve specifically been invited to. Guests can be a Viewer (free seat) or a Contributor (paid seat).
- Guest Viewers can review, comment, Inspect, and export design work for Project(s) they’ve been invited to. Typically, Guest Viewers are clients or stakeholders outside the Organization.
- Guest Contributors can edit and manage design work for Project(s) they’ve been invited to. Typically, Guest Contributors are contractors or clients who contribute to design work.
If you open a link from Abstract and are told you do not have permission to view that project, one of two things may be happening:
- You aren’t a Member of the Organization
- The project is private
In either case, you’ll need to re-open the link and follow the prompts in order to request access to the project.